Hunting will be more fun when with someone responsible and trustworthy like friends or family. Or you can also visit our website and join with British Columbia Moose Hunts.
But if you are going to hunt alone there are some things you need to pay attention to for security reasons:
– Always make sure the phone battery is fully charged.
– Tell your closest people about your hunting event, about your return that you might not have planned yet. This needs to be done so they are not too worried about your hunting plan.
– If you do not hire a guide while hunting, take your GPS or map of your hunting area and study first; a bit more to remember about the location conditions can help you not to get lost when you start the hunt.
Watch for marks on tree trunks when hunting. Scars and sweeps that occur because the area is often passed by moose. So it’s better to find a waiting location near a lot of areas like that.
– Scars on the tree and on the ground show that in the area there is a large moose often passes. The sooner you find it, it can be an indication of a good place to hunt.
– Abrasion in the tree occurs during the mating season, the male moose often wipe his horns on the trunk of the tree to attract the opposite sex. The abrasion determines how big the moose is.
Use a scent switch when hunting. Moose has a keen sense, especially in hearing and smell. This will be very useful especially when the target is a large moose. If you do not want to use an aroma switch, try using baking soda. Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda on liquid soap and then use the mixture. Even if you dare, you can also brush your teeth using baking soda. Baking soda is the cheapest way to cover our scent while hunting.